Whether you are an instructor, a local driving range golfer, or PGA Tour player, the best golf launch monitor is an essential piece of equipment to have. As a golfer, you want to know what the ball is doing once the club strikes it.
This unique device helps you measure your game accurate and the best news is they’re affordable to buy.
Here you’ll find a list of the most talked about golf launch monitors outfitted with complex technology with amazing features to help make your selection easier when buying one.
Best Golf Launch Monitors Reviews
Launch monitors are not limited to professionals, the rich, or club fitters.
You can now buy a golf launch monitor at an affordable price to help you measure ball flight.
This amazing device can cost up to $30,000, but we have good news for you.
In this article, you can find inexpensive budget-friendly launch monitors.
With the Ernest Sports ES12, you get a 1.1-pound unit using Doppler radar to measure the ball speed and calculate the carry distance with every shot you make. The launch monitor measures 5.3 (H) x 3 (W) x 1.8-inches (D) and great to carry around with you in your pocket.
All you need is a spare 9V battery and you are ready for practicing your distance and long-drive contests. Setting up the ES12 is a breeze. All you need to do is to position the unit approximate 12 to 14-inch in front and to the side of your golf ball. Another, important thing to remember is to add the club you’re using on the LCD panel for an accurate reading.
When you change your golf clubs make sure to change the setting as well. You can set this unit with detailed altitude, for example, from 0 to 3,000 feet above sea level. Pair the device with the free app and connect it to your mobile devices via the Bluetooth connection.
The ES12 offers you both audible and visible feedback of each shot you make. Further, it stores your practice session to convert to an Excel sheet and mail it to yourself. This helps you keep track of your progress and the app includes a “course caddy,” side-by-side video analysis, a scorecard, weather, skills challenge, club grip, and notes.
What You’ll Like:
- Can pair it with a mobile device
- Superb customer service
- View your progress on your Smartphone
- Tells you the distance of each shot you make
- Accurate readings
Ernest Sports ES12 Portable Launch Monitor
- The ES12 by Ernest Sports gives ball speed and distance data instantly
- Pair the ES12 to your Smart device to save and store your range session, participate in a skills Challenge and much more
- Get your shot data instantly, easily and affordably with the ES12
Another pocket-sized golf launch monitor is the Voice Caddie SC 200. This device has different features giving you readouts of ball speed, club speed, carry distance, and smash factor.
The SC 200 uses Doppler radar to track the different features mentioned. With the Smash Factor, the ball speeds divided by your swing speed. Compared to the ES12 the Voice Caddie is more expensive but has bells and whistles that are more magnificent.
The Voice Caddie works with AAA battery power and you set the unit with the club you use by entering it manually to the exact lofts of the club for an accurate reading. Take the launch monitor, position it 40 to 60-inches behind the ball, and just swing away.
The device works with shots made from 30 to 320 yards and calibrates the barometric pressure automatically for accurate readings. With the unit, you have distance voice output. Further, the unit has different play mode you can use: the Approach Mode, Practice Mode, and Target Mode.
The SC200 also keeps your last 100 shots in the memory.
What You’ll Like:
- Accurate reading
- Pleasant company to deal with
- Instant feedback
- Adjustable voice distance output
- No need of looking on the LCD screen
- Tends to over-read longer irons
Voice Caddie SC 200 Portable Golf Launch Monitor with Audible Output, Blue
- Tracks stats for each club
- Distance voice output;Doppler Radar Sensor
- Measuring range: 30-320 yards. Accuracy +/- 3% ball speed, +/-5% carry distance
- Barometric Pressure Calibration. Positioning - 1 to 1.5m(40 to 60 inch) directly behind the wall
- Carry Distance, Swing Speed, Ball Speed, Smash Factor
For a small and affordable golf launch monitor the Sports Sensors Swing Speed Radar uses Doppler radar to give you accurate readings. Use it for swing speed and tempo time suitable for all ages and skill levels.
Further, the unit helps you to develop your swing as it measures the Actual Tempo Time from the time you use your golf club to the impact on the ball. Measure your swing speed of the clubhead as it comes within reach of the ball. The Sports Sensors measures a range of speed from 40 200 MPH with immediate feedback.
Using the device is easy with the one-button operation. Whether you have a too fast or slow swing, it helps you with finding the right tempo. For an accurate reading, hold the unit 8 – 10-inches away from the ball while pointing it back into your swing path of the club. Another highlight is you can change the setting on your drivers for a better control for distance.
The launch monitor uses three AA batteries and you can view all the information on an LCD screen showing you MPH, KPH, and more.
What You’ll Like:
- Simple to use
- Helps increase your swing speed
- Great tool to have
Sports Sensors Swing Speed Radar with Tempo Timer
- Measures clubhead swing speed and tempo time to help golfers optimize their swing to increase distance and improve swing consistency
- No need to hit an actual golf ball-use a wiffle ball, Birdie Ball, sponge ball or equivalent to simulate a real ball, but swing at a ball replica to release the club properly.Immediate feedback provides a basis for golfers to determine swing improvements
- Range of speed measurement from 40 MPH to over 200 MPH
- Actual swing Tempo Time, from the start of the club takeaway to ball impact is measured to one hundredth of a second
- Use it at home in the backyard, indoors or outdoors in a hitting cage, at the driving range
The ZEPP Golf 2 measures important aspects in 3D from your club speed, swing, club plane, backswing length, tempo and more. The ZEEP Golf 2 captures video while you swing to compare the data at a later stage. You receive instant evaluations to help you focus on your training improving your skill at the same time.
Personalize the programs based on the data from different coaches to make you a better player with the smart coach feature. This helps you to improve your play in real-time to share your progress with others. The unit is great for coaches to use as you connect other players to give instructions helping them with their golfing skills.
You can enter all your club specifications including the length and grip orientation for the best accurate results. Connect the device to your mobile device while using the app.
What You’ll Like:
- A great alternative compared to swing analysis devices
- Makes using it on the driving range fun
- Has useful instructions videos and gives you helpful tips
- Can adjust your goals to use with a five swing metric
- Great customer service
- Not as accurate when using shorter club
Zepp Golf 2 3D Swing Analyzer
- 3D swing analysis measures the most important aspects of your swing; club speed, club plane, tempo, backswing length and more
- Instant evaluations help you see where you can improve the most and focus your training
- Smart coach offers personalized training programs, based on your data, from PGA/LPGA players and Tour instructors to make you a better player faster
- Replay and review your swing in 360 degree from any angle. Connectivity : Bluetooth LE. Battery: 1.5 hour full charge cycle lasts up to 8 hour
- Record your swing in HD video and compare directly to the pros. Sensors: Dual accelerometers, Dual 3-axis gyroscopes
The SkyTrak launch monitor is a photometric model that takes high-speed images of the golf ball after impact to help predict flight. The camera measures ball speed, backspin, launch angle, carry distance, flight path and more. This feature allows the system to calculate other data points as well.
The device is portable, weighs 1.7-pounds, and gives you accurate data. With the golf simulation, it has WGT, The Golf Club Game, TruGolf E6 and Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf pre-programmed. Further, you need to hit shots from a clear area and uses a laser dot and only needs 10-feet of space.
Connect the unit to your Apple device or PC through Wi-Fi and it uses a lithium-ion battery that is rechargeable via the USB cable for up to five hours of use. Further, the model has an accelerometer internal levelling system.
What You’ll Like:
- Fun to use
- Can use it in the comfort of the home
- Has ample golf courses to play on
- Can be a bit finicky at time and may need you to restart it
- Made for virtual practice only
If you need help improving your golf skills, try using one of the best golf launch monitors in this article to help you with your training. Measure your swing, tempo, club plane and more with this device.
They are portable enough to take with you to the greens or the driving range.
Pair it with your mobile devices and receive real-time information via the Doppler radar for ease of use and use with golf watch.
Regardless of your golf skills, casual to professional, launch monitors are here to help you improve your game!